Gretchen, Greta, Goodie, Mommy: Call me what you want!

Gretchen, Greta, Goodie, Mommy:  Call me what you want!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010


I feel like BLAH today. I think that this pic shows it! I am just having one of those days so far...I know that when I pick up Parker from school, he will change my mood...you can't help but smile when you are around him!

1. Some people never cease to disappoint me...friends especially. I often wonder if I am that type of friend to them...sometimes I am afraid I am. I pray every night to become a better friend, a better person, someone God would be proud of. BUT then the next day it is so easy to fall right back in to being that same old person again...back in to the same old routines! Yuck and then when I sit down at night to pray I feel guilty because I know that not even for 1 day did I remember to be better, hold my tongue, not judge. No I am not out killing, committing adultery, stealing or anything so severe, but I still know that God expects more of me and from me! I have a greater purpose than what I am currently, or at least I feel that way!

2. Most people don't appreciate the things that you do for them...they just use you for whatever it is that they need from you. I am tired, SO TIRED, of that!!! However most of it I bring on myself thinking that I am doing the right thing, or helping someone...UGH! I need to become better at saying NO, or I just CAN'T, but that is easier said than done...and is that the right thing? WHO KNOWS!

3. No more gloom and doom, only I can change my attitude and make today better so I am switching gears to get out of this!


4. So apparently I am the only person who has never heard of Marty the one man Party, but I don't usually listen to country so forgive me. My husband however spotted him about 2 seconds after being seated behind him and his wife at a concert this past weekend! He was super cool and I liked his bio. on the 94.7 website, so I am now a fan!

5. Yes I know that this post is random, but I am such a RANDOM thinker anyway and I don't want to keep dwelling on things that make me sad and upset, when there are so many things to be happy about! So the next 5 points will be HAPPY THOUGHTS/RANDOM IDEAS ETC. because this blog is really for me and that is what I need today!

6. A chihuahua at the coffee shop was a mystery drink...until today. The mystery has been uncovered...most chihuahuas like to hump peoples legs but are really not too effective at it sooooo a chihuahua is a weak coffee that is watered down ie. making it an ineffective drink! I love the person telling this story because she is older, intelligent, and so honest, brutally at times but none the less honest!

7. Listening to random people in the coffee shop tell their stories, seek advice from the owner, who is also a great listener (I wish I was a better listener instead of such a talker), and discuss all sorts of things is so relaxing to me. I need a dictionary to understand some of the discussions because I am not an intellect but it is amazing at the topics of conversation...I love it! I love the regulars, which I am one of 3 days a week...but there are so many different types of people and I love that too! I think in here I am the decaf girl who never speaks but stays tapping away on the computer...hey...I am actually not talking...

8. This is me feeling better! I don't really look that much better, but my attitude has defiantly changed! Yay me!

9. My aunt, who Parker and I carry out to lunch every Wed., called me yesterday as she does every Tues. to see if we would be going to lunch the next day. I said of course, nothing had changed as long as she still felt up to it. Her response was, "Well the weatherman said that it might rain." I said that I wasn't afraid of the rain if she wasn't and that it didn't make me not want to go to lunch. Anyway about 30 minutes ago (which is a little later that her normal Wed. call) she called again and asked the same question that she ask me every Wed., "Are we still on for today?" I said of course and she said, "Well those clouds sure look crazy!" I reminded her that if it rained that we could still go but that if she wasn't comfortable getting out that we wouldn't. She replied, "Oh no...we can go...are you still coming at the same time?" I told her that I was and hung up the phone just shaking my head because every single week we go through the same conversation. Not exactly, it isn't always the rain but it is always something! :)

10. Never let the beginning of your day dictate how it will end, you can change it for the better!

2 comments:

  1. #2 - i appreciate the things you do. remember last year when you did all those free christmas pictures? i've been trying my best to find people who can't afford to pay for pictures - and offer them free pictures. pay it forward, right? you started that, you know. everytime - forever and ever - when i see our christmas pictures from last year, i'll remember your generosity.

    speaking of that, do you need some christmas pictures? i'm sure, between rebecca and me, we can shoot your family! i'm not as booked as her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Analee...Rebecca and Casey are going to do some for me! I do appreciate the offer! Are you enjoying your camera? Your pics look great!

    ReplyDelete