Gretchen, Greta, Goodie, Mommy: Call me what you want!

Gretchen, Greta, Goodie, Mommy:  Call me what you want!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday is all about Food!

Today is a good day! I am excited and what is kinda sad is that I am excited about food! Can't wait to cheat on my diet on Sunday with a big fat juicy steak and tator! I may get them to cut me a 20 ouncer and I am not kidding! If you know me you know that I can eat like a grown man! I have lost willpower recently and have struggled to get it back b/c I am tired of baby carrots, fat free Pringles, chicken, chicken, and did I say chicken? Yes I know that there are fish, and other healthy options but I want red meat, cheeseburgers, french fries, cheese quesadillas, rice & beans, country style steak, chicken pot pie, pizza...So today's list is silly, fun, and just simply all about food...Today's list are the top 10 meals that I wish I could eat! Note: I love fast food and dining out so forgive me!

1. 2 Servings of Olive Garden 5 cheese baked ziti, with the whole salad bowl and bread basket for little old me! Yep I am not sharing so if you don't wanna get your hand bitten off stay back! LOL!

2. 2 McDoubles from Mickey D's, with a large fry, and a large water. I love water...one of the few healthy things that I truly enjoy but it just goes so well paired with whatever you choose. Dag I sound like water is a fine wine or something.

3. A huge, at least 12 ounce, ribeye topped with Gorgonzola cheese and a baked potato as big as your whole hand loaded with butter and sour cream...not fat free sour cream either...low fat is ok. from Sullivans! I might even like a bowl of french onion soup to start with!

4. A #1 combination at most any Mexican restaurant...2 cheese enchiladas, a beef taco, and a side of beans & rice! Hey can I get an extra basket of chips and carafe of salsa??? I am a heavy dipper you know!

5. Mema's fried chicken, homemade mac and cheese, stuffing with lots of eggs, turnip greens with vinegar, and some made from scratch biscuits. Followed up with a slice of homemade chocolate pie...then another helping of mac and cheese to cut the sweet taste. If you are from the south you know what I mean by cutting the sweet!

6. A T3 Combo from Taco Bell...1 Mexican Pizza with 2 supreme tacos and a bucket of Sierra Mist....hey don't forget the hot and mild sauce it just isn't the same without it....heck throw in a side of pintos and cheese and an order of cinnamon twist, and remember, I am not sharing!

7. Country Style Steak with gravy and onions, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole with fresh pecans baked to a crisp on top, purple hull peas and homemade corn bread...Granny Gupton does it best! I love it when she calls to invite me to eat, she always lists what is on the menu and makes it so hard for you to say no. Even if I call her to borrow something she always has something cooking that she can feed me! Also note...country folks have atleast 2 meats and 5 vegetables to choose from on any given Sunday lunch! So yes mashed and sweet potatoes!

8. A large, thin crust pork sausage and mushroom pizza from Papa John's...I want about 3 pkgs. of garlic butter so that I can pretty much soak my pizza in it. Oh and I love there little cheese sauce packs too YUMMY! That garlic butter on a late night delivery call can hurt you so BEWARE!!! I have been there more times than I would like to remember!

9. 2 no make that 3 fried eggs over well, a slab of country ham, 2 patties of sausage, hash brown casserole and buttered toast. Throw in a short stack of pancakes, a ton of syrup, a bottle of ketchup and pot of decaf coffee and I will be sitting pretty!

10. A Cajun Fillet Biscuit combo picnic sized...with season fries and a large Sierra Mist...I used to love their sweet tea, but I can't have the caffeine it does crazy things to my heart. I have to have a handful and ketchup and 3 packs of hot sauce to go on my biscuit. Just ask me and my mom...w/o the hot sauce it just isn't the same! I hate it and will even pull back thru when they forget to put it into my bag...Like I said it just isn't the same!

Well this post leaves me knowing that I will probably have to have a stint put in by my 40th bday, and starving....but I am not cheating until Sunday night...I feel like I just cheated anyway talking about all of this yummy, greasy, tantalizing food. Have a great weekend and if you aren't watching your weight or your health...EAT ONE FOR ME!!!!!!

1 comment: