Gretchen, Greta, Goodie, Mommy: Call me what you want!

Gretchen, Greta, Goodie, Mommy:  Call me what you want!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Bring on the Tears #2

1. Don't watch Twilight before bed if romantic tension affects you like a double shot of caffeine! WOO HOO!!!

2. Remember that going through your deceased Grandmother's things is hard, but she wouldn't want YOU to throw away something impt. b/c SHE definitely didn't. I am so much like her it is unreal...I save everything! Old bills, letters, cards, notes, childhood writings. I can only imagine the amt. of time that it will take to sort through my things when I am gone! Today I found my Papa's birth certificate, the matching key to her safety deposit box, a fake book report that I wrote while playing school at her house tucked inside an old calculator, and I have so much more to sort through. It was hard but comforting! Even seeing her handwriting on the outside of old bills made me feel close to her at that very instant! I miss her sooooo much! Watching Parker run around in her empty house (not empty with material things, but empty b/c everyone is gone now and no one is living there any longer) made me feel close to her too instead of sad...I knew that she would have loved him so much just like she did Ginger and I if only she were there and healthy. Watching him make himself at home just like we always did so many times before just brought a smile to my face and I can't count the amt. of times I told the boy that Mamascoot would have loved to be there with him so bad! She was with me today, I know because she gave me some healing time that I felt like I had missed!

3. Don't write a #2 like I did and expect to have a meaning #3,#4, or #5!

4. Keep a box of Kleenex next to your computer when you blog! You never know what might pop into your mind to write and who knows you might end of crying like a baby and have to change your shirt before bed because you used the bottom of it as a tear wiper and it is soaked!

5. Always tell and show those you choose to surround yourself with that you love them whenever the urge hits you, even if it is a two year old, excuse me three year old, who decides to take his pants off just because he felt like it while playing! I just looked at him and said, "You silly boy, I just love you and your imaginary tag that is bothering you!" I will never doubt the love my Grandmother had for me and it is because she constantly surrounded me with it!

1 comment:

  1. um, where are my tissues? that friday five needed a tear-jerker warning! :)

    she sounds like such a marvelous woman! i miss my grandma too.

    ReplyDelete