Gretchen, Greta, Goodie, Mommy: Call me what you want!

Gretchen, Greta, Goodie, Mommy:  Call me what you want!

Friday, August 30, 2013

Tucker I have been so busy being mommy to you that I haven't had time to write about you.

Tucker I can't believe that you are already 22 months old. Right now you are getting more and more personality. You are super determined, but such a mama's boy. I love the way you love me. I love the way the you wrap your little arms around my neck when I tote you. I tote you a lot by the way. You are definitely my hip baby. That is ok. Your brother was the same way and I loved that about him too. However I will pass on your little shoes grinding a blister on to my thighs. You love to wrestle, play swords, watch Teen Beach Movie, play outside, and to look at books. Funny that they are the same books that your brother loved. It is amazing. I have hundreds of books for you to choose from and you have found your way to Parker's old favorites. The big truck book, the machine book, the little farm vehicles books. I just love that you love your big brother the way you do and I hope that you both will grow to cherish your relationship. You are such a creature of habit, much like your brother and I. Coffee milk in the morning....nothing can happen before you get that cup. Sitting on the couch chugging it all the while watching Wild Katts on PBS. I can not put you down for like the first hour that you are awake. This is one of your funny little quirks that is hard, but I know that I will one day look back on and laugh. You wake up very very ill. Some days nothing is right. Sometimes if I use the wrong cup, you lose your mind. You are pretty demanding, but I think that when you start to talk more, that frustration will go away, because it usually happens when I can't figure out what it is that you want. Again sometimes, I am not sure you even know what you want when you get in to that silly mood. I love you and all your silly quirks. In other ways you are so easy. You love to play with your brother, you sit in your little sandbox and play so pretty. You go to bed like a little angel all by yourself. That is something that your brother never did at such a young age. We watch a little 4 or 5 minutes of tv on my bed and snuggle, hit the rocking chair in your room for your nightly prayers, and then into your little crib you go. Awake, happy, and asleep in like no time. I have never had a child do that....fall asleep on their own. I still have to ride you in the car for nap time, but I don't mind...it works and you go right to sleep. Right now I am so worried about you. We have just confirmed that you have a peanut allergy and it just breaks my heart. I worry for you and for what might happen. I just wish that I could protect you. I try not to think too much, read too much, because I don't want to hinder you by turning myself into a crazy women....but then I feel like I should be reading, thinking, doing all I can to figure out how to protect you best on this new "peanut free journey". Who knew that so many things contain peanuts, were processed with peanuts....I just wanna rid the world of them to protect you. I love you with all my heart and I just pray that God can protect you because I feel like with this I can't do it on my own. I know that really I can't do anything on my own without God's grace and strength, but I really feel like this is so far more than I can handle. This has just seemed to overwhelm me. I just worry, worry, worry and rightly so. It is your little life that depends on me to protect it. I love you and want to end this blog with a prayer over you. Dear Heavenly Father, Please forgive me for all my sins because I know that I have many. Thank you so much for all the many blessings that I have in my life because I know that you are the reason behind them. Thank you for allowing me to be a mom, Parker and Tucker are the best Earthly gifts that I have. Lord I pray for those who don't have children and want them, I pray that it is your will to make them parents, and Lord for those who find themselves with a child that they don't want, Lord I pray that you will change their heart and protect their babies. I pray for those who are scared, suffering, sick, weary...Lord I pray that they seek you and don't feel like they have to handle anything alone. Lord I pray for the salvation of Parker and Tucker. I pray that they will always love you and trust you. I pray that you will protect them from drugs, lost people who choose to do evil, and bad situations. Lastly I pray for the Lost, that they will come to know you before it is too late. I can't imagine not having you to cry out to. Thanks you Lord for all my many blessings. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment